Simple [Sim-puhl]

Simple [Sim-puhl]
-adjective
1. easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.
2. not elaborate or artificial; plain
3. not ornate or luxurious; unadorned

Monday, October 7, 2013

Soaps' Up

I tried an experiment this past year. I found this recipe for homemade foaming hand soap and decided to see how long it would last my household and if it would be cost effective. I started making my own foaming hand soap to use my bathroom last year with one quart of Dr Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap I bought at the grocery store for $12.99 and I still have a third of the bottle left. I'd say frugality success!
I have been very happy with the cleaning power, the gentleness on my hands (as I am a frequent washer,) and ease and convenience of making the soap! The Dr Bronner's liquid Castile Soap is ultra concentrated, it's made of natural oils and glycerin (which I learned last winter are actually stripped out of many commercial soaps and therefore dry our skin out so we have to contsantly apply lotion.) 
In one shopping trip I purchased a year supply of hand soap for my family that easily fits under the bathroom sink! I don't think I'll ever go back to bars or liquid soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment